Jonathan Leone for Sausalito City Council
As your City Council representative, I have focussed on providing better essential services, sound fiscal management, infrastructure investment and transparency. I have delivered concerte, positive results:
Protecting Sausalito’s Heritage and Character:
Improved Adopted strong Historic Preservation Guidelines.
Limited Waterfront Development.
Created McMansion Restrictions and Rental Protections.
Adopted Construction Time Limits and Stronger Enforcement Penalties.
Improving City Finances:
Balanced Budgets every year.
Grew Financial Reserves during economic downturn.
Reduced Pension Costs.
Invested in Infrastructure:
- Paved first concrete streets in almost 40 years.
- Fixed 60% of City street miles.
- Protected the Bay through new Sewer Repair Program.
- Developing Storm Drain Plan.
Enhancing City Services:
- Increased Funding for City Services (Library and Parks & Recreation) through the recession, unlike many jurisdictions.
- More Children’s Park and Recreation programs.
- Public accountability of Council votes through audio, web stream & broadcast meetings.
- Term Limits and Residency Requirements on Commissions.
Park Improvements & Beautification:
- Completed first total park remodel in decades.
- Developed Improvement Plans for City Hall & Robin Sweeney Park.
- Increased Funding for City land and park maintenance.
- More Children’s Park and Recreation programs, Increased Funding for the Library and Rehabilitation of Robin Sweeney and Harrison Parks.
- Formation of Marin Clean Energy
- LEED (Green) Certified Public Safety Buildings
- City Hall Solar Panels.
- Marshland Protection.
- Drought Water Conservation Plan.
I have been a fair and independent representative. Facing financial demands, greater environmental obligations and critical land use decisions in the Marinship, Sausalito needs continued independent and experienced leadership.
I ask for your vote.
- Jonathan Leone